Special documents

For  Users,  Cooperation Associates, Visiting Scientists : information is available here.

For members of the personnel (Staff Members, Fellows, Students etc.) : check what you need to do before you arrive.

For contractors' personnel working on the CERN site or coming to execute a contract:  information is available here.


Removals and Importation formalities

The Installation Service should be contacted about removals and importation formalities of vehicles, furniture and personal effects.

Driving licence

Information for Switzerland and France is available on the Web page "Vehicles" of the Relations with the Host States Service.


As a general rule, animals may be brought into France and Switzerland. However you should check the official website :

For Switzerland : Border veterinary controls
For France : Border veterinary controls

Updated on: 

You are here